28 Mar Make your product’s forms fillable on mobile devices
In 2021, we saw an increase of 24.5% in mobile usage. As the dependency on mobile devices becomes more and more apparent, so should the focus of software companies in offering solutions on the mobile level. Although mobile usage ranges on a broad spectrum, this article focuses on giving your valuable users the ability to edit, fill out, store, and operate digital forms straight from their smartphones or tablets.
For more in-depth implementation of our mobile form solution and components – check out our developer documentation.
Steps to becoming a mobile-friendly form solution
Whether you have a mobile web browser version of your software or a native mobile app, here are features to include in deploying or enhancing a mobile form solution:
- Form builder and designer – Before filling out the form, you need a way to create it. Create it using Adobe, or use a tool like Joyfill to insert the form builder components directly into your app to build an endless amount of forms internally by your staff or your users.
- Host the form template – Considering that this form might need to be filled out more than once, you will need to host this form as a template in your cloud-based web server.
- Mobile compatibility – This is where you ensure a mobile-friendly form interface is optimal on your users’ devices. This can be a responsive mobile form within the mobile web browser or a mobile experience in your native mobile app. We suggest native mobile app, so you can take advantage of offline filling to avoid the no-internet bottleneck.
- Integrate with your database – You’ll need to store your form submission data. You can integrate your form(s) with a database such as MongoDB or something similar. This will allow you to retrieve and manage the submitted data through the form easily.
- Validate the form – Validation is critical to ensure that the user inputs the correct values.
- Secure your form – Your forms should also uphold some form of security to prevent unauthorized access to your data. Accomplish added security by adding SSL encryption or using a service such as AWS Cognito.
Although these are just a few general features of many to take depending on your product, it’s common that deploying a mobile form solution will require the above.
More reasons to offer a mobile form solution in your app
If you weren’t convinced of the opportunity to provide mobile forms before, here are some wild statistics found by a study done by Techjury:
- 92.5% of mobile time is spent on apps.
- 65% of all digital media time is spent on mobile devices.
- 92.1% of internet users access the web through mobile devices.
- 96.6% of internet users between 16 and 64 own a mobile phone.
- 60.66% of internet traffic is mobile.
If you are truly serious about adding a mobile form experience to your application, let us help! We’ve done all the heavy lifting for you. Joyfill is an easy way to deploy a fully-featured mobile form solution into your own application without the thousands of development hours. Enjoy and happy building!